Enjoy this 14 Day Retreat, accommodated in luxurious, beautiful eco-lodges, with daily yoga and meditation with the backdrop of vivid, wild Eastern African scenery. Two highly experienced yoga teachers will be guiding morning and afternoon sessions of Ashtanga Vinyasa and Yin yoga, Pranayama (breathing), meditation and chanting, and self-development/ transformational exercises. These sessions will support and inspire you, balancing African adventure with restoration and time to relax and unwind.
Connect with other beautiful souls and share this heart opening, spirit expanding journey.
You will experience the intimacy of sitting with the endangered Mountain Gorillas in their native environment. An incredible opportunity to observe this intelligent and curious species in the quiet solitude of the jungle. These encounters are often emotional and heart opening, extraordinary moments of bliss.
Enjoy an early morning Safari drive in the Queen Elizabeth National Park (QENP), observing many flora and fauna species up close while traveling through varied ecosystems and terrains from the savannah grasslands to tropical forests and crater lakes. Nature lovers will be awestruck by the diversity of animals and the beauty of the surroundings.
In addition, you will be taken on a relaxing Boat Cruise Safari along the Kanzinga Channel to Lake Edward, a chance to take in the vast native bird life (over 550 species) and other varied animal life on the river in the QENP.
- 2 nights of Ugandan hospitality at guest houses en route, twin room (Entebbe Day 1, Lake Bunyonyi Day 2)
taking in the lively local culture, sights and sounds of Uganda as we travel to our retreat destination
- 12 nights luxury Eco-Lodge Accommodation at the Mutanda Lake Resort and the Papaya Lake Resort,
both close to the National Park, in twin room
- Exclusive use of the retreat for our group only, with gorgeous pool and lakeside settings
- Three nutritious, delicious meals and drinking water included daily
- Daily Yoga and Meditation practice taught by 2 experienced yoga teachers
- Gorilla Trekking – an exceptional once in a lifetime experience, including Park entrance fee
- 1 Jeep Safari in the Queen Elizabeth National Park, including Park entrance fee
- 1 Boat Safari along the Kanzinga Channel to Lake Edward, including Park entrance fee
- Retreat time each day to quietly reflect, relax and enjoy the simplicity of being in these breathtaking locations
- Transfers to and from the Kampala/Entebbe airport
- 24 hr English speaking local guides and transport in luxury Land Cruiser during the 14 days of Retreat
- Immersion in the surrounding culture and environment with educational and volunteering sessions available at each lodge. Please express your interest in either/both of these options with registration
- Only 10 participant spaces available, ensuring individualized attention and support
- On the 12th day you will have the chance to go on a Chimpanzee Trek in Kibale National Park and sit and enjoy these wonderful creatures
- Visit Mgahinga National Park - the capital of Golden Monkeys (afternoon activity)
- Visit the Batwa pygmy People - tribal people of Bwindi and Mgahinga National Park (afternoon activity)
- Experience a wooden Dugout Canoe and roar your boat across Lake Mutanda (afternoon activity)